Sunday 17 February 2013

MUSIC: Stromae



Stromae is amazing. His debut album 'Cheese' still gets played regularly on my iTunes, three years after being released.

His 'leçons' (lessons) are extremely popular on YouTube; he talks through a particular song- usually how the layers of sounds are built or how it come about, and it then leads to a performance of sorts.

The past two leçons (23 - 'Humain à l'Eau'/24 - 'Tous Les Mêmes) have been especially good. Not only are they really quite funny, but the songs are sounding fresh, the graphics in the videos are looking EXTRA FRESH and it all feels like a build up to a new single/album.

The newest video sees Stromae half-made-up as a female, including extensions in his short hair to emphasise the meaning behind song. He plays two parts of a relationship; both the male and female.

He really is more than just a DJ/Producer - his writing and artistic skill is insane. I'm so looking forward to his next album.



So effing predictable,I'm not even sure you deserve me.You lucked out that we love you,Go on, go on, thank me.The date is fixed for the next rumble.Save the date, the definite date,The time of the month.  

I swear that's it,That was the last time.You can say I'm just throwing a fit.Take a last look at my ass,Ready to walk out with my suitcase.Say goodbye to your mommy, Who puts you up there on a pedestal.You've no idea what you're losing,Believe me, it'll be worse with anyone else.

Thankfully, for everybody not fluent in French, all of his newer videos have full English captions and translations.

Website | Facebook | YouTube

You probably know his from his most famous song, Alors On Danse:

No comments:

Post a Comment